Monday, 16 November 2015، 10:28 PM
My Questions and Quran Answers Q. 21:
Why do Muslims call their religious book (Quran) a miracle?
1. Prophet of Islam was illiterate, whereas, the Holy Book was full of complicated philosophical and logical instructions, scientific facts, and the news of the previous Holy Books which indicates that Quran is not the word of human being but an eternal and divine miracle. God has referred to Prophet Muhammad as illiterate several times in Quran. And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one with your right hand. Otherwise the falsifiers would have had [cause for] doubt. (48- Al-Ankabout)(Surah 29)
2. Complete coherence among the verses (from the beginning till the end) whereas being revealed gradually over 23 years in different situations (ward, peace, failure, victory, and etc.) confirms that This Book is not written by man. As the Quran states: Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah, they would have found within it much contradiction. (82- An-Nisa)(Surah 4)
3. Miracle on legislation: Quran attention to legislation in confirmed and indefectible rights as well as equality in legislation is another aspect of its miraculousnees which makes the Holy Quran unique and eternal. For instance, when Quran expresses the attributes of the descent servants it verbalizes: And [they are] those who, when they spend, do so not excessively or sparingly but are ever, between that, [justly] moderate. (67- Al-Furghan)(Surah 25)
4. Many sibylline news…
5. Stories of the previous Prophets…
6. Mysteries of creation( living creatures having couple and being pair, movement of the earth, the earth being circle, insemination, unknown continents, revolution of the moon in distinctive orbit, and etc.
7. Asking the opponents of Quran to bring a chapter (Surah), 10 chapters, or even a whole book like Quran.
8. If you wish to study more about it you can refer to the book “Quran Science” written by Ayatollah Ma’refat, “Al-Etghan” by Siyooti, or “expressing Science and general matters in Quran” by Ayatollah Khoyee.